Camel Milk – A Healthy Alternative
The health benefits of camel milk are well known, but the fact that it is a staple diet makes it easily sellable, requiring little or no marketing at all. Moreover, market trends strongly indicate that due to increased awareness of the healthy benefits of drinking camel milk, the company sales performance has increased over the last few years particular among returning diaspora, and even expats working and living in Somaliland. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Camel milk is closer to human milk than any other milk.
- It is often easily digested by lactose-intolerant individuals.
- It is rich in healthy vitamins and minerals, especially B vitamins, vitamin C and iron.
- The lactoferrin in camel milk has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-tumor properties.
- It contains disease-fighting immunoglobulins which are small in size, allowing penetration of antigens and boosting the effectiveness of the immune system.
- It is a rich source of insulin. Containing approximately 52 units of insulin in each liter of camel milk, making it a great treatment option for Type 1 or Type 2 diabetics as well as Gestational Diabetes.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Can cure allergies like hay fever
- Known to boost the immune system